Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Joy of Compassion


My young son surprised me on tuesday as we were reading the papers in the morning before he went off to school.

In singapore there has been news on the front pages for the last 2 days about a young two year old girl who very sadly lost her big toe while standing on an escalator.

My son, who was playing with his blocks at the time, noticed what I was reading. So I explained to him what had happened to the poor girl. He then stood back, paused, looked at his blocks and his toy cars.. then picked up the packaging box for the blocks which clearly states that these blocks are from the ages 2+. He looked at me then and said " mama, look its for two years old" then again, with a pause and some deep thought he looked at his blocks and cars.. then said, "she can play with my blocks mama but lets keep the cars"

So there it is, compassion at such a young age! how blessed am i to have a son who already has this inbuilt.. I must nurture this, as we all should.
Yesterday we went to the hospital to pass the little girl who lost her big toe something that may make her heart sing just a little.

I cant think of anything that can be greater than the happiness i feel with a son who can think this way at four yeas old..What joy!

What has this got to do with Osel?
not much really but i guess if my son had his way he would give her the ring above.

Pink tourmaline is a perfect healing stone for children.
This stone would help her to transform her negative and painful experience into one that could in some way be positive and will help her overcome her fears.

3 comments:

Bobby, lamenting white dog said...

i love fynn... he is beautiful in and out.

Unknown said...

hey beautiful soul.. so good to hear your story...touched.

Nadya Hutagalung said...

He really is such a young star.. although today he has been not well .. poor lil thing.. had to make a trip to the hospital with him.